Welcome to my blog, mainly about sports. I will occasionally write about various other things that interest me.
Yeah! Let's have some fun shall we? Whoooo!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rush: The Greatest Band to Walk this Earth- By Ryan J. Murphy


As some of my followers know, I am a HUGE Rush fan. I am going to see them live in concert on October 20th at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. I have already seen them twice, once at SPAC in Saratoga, and once at MSG in New York City. They put on such a great show and have a collection of great music. Since the setlist is not yet released for this upcoming tour, I'd like to make my own "dream setlist" of the songs I wish they'd play at this concert.


Now, as much as I'd like to see them play EVERY song from EVERY album they ever did, that will not happen. So as hard as this is for me to pick out a certain few, I will see if i can actually make a "dream setlist." The last two shows I saw they played about 25 songs, in two sets and an encore consisting of two songs, so I will try to mimic that.


Set 1:
1. Subdivisions (my favorite song, so we'll start with this).
2. New World Man
3. Cinderella Man
4. Time Stand Still
5. Kid Gloves
6. (Song from the new album)
7. Totem
8. (Song from the new album)
9. Grand Designs
10. Red Barchetta
11. Limelight
12. Tom Sawyer
13. Manhattan Project


Set 2:
14. Roll The Bones
15. The Enemy Within
16. Between The Wheels
17. Superconductor
18. The Pass
19. Entre Nous
20. Earthshine
21. Secret Touch
22. (Song from the new album)
23. (Song from the new album)
24. 2112/ The Temples of Syrinx
25. Freewill
26. The Spirit of Radio


Encore:
Xanadu
Closer To The Heart
La Villa Strangiato


I could have put 100 songs on this setlist, but again, that would never happen.
What do you think?



2 comments: